This opportunity sits within a global-leader in the insurance space with more than 10 business units within the APAC region. You will be working to consult, build and implement their cloud platform from scratch with strong understanding in data flow and storage processes to the cloud environment within the region.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the enterprise architecture and changes associated within the infrastructure within the company.
- Create cloud and infrastructure setup strategies, plans and documentations.
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Overseeing the technical project management within the infrastructure and cloud space - budgeting, delegation of tasks to BAs, PMs, and other necessary sub-ordinates.
- Co-ordinate and communicate with more than 10 business units across the region, as well as, vendors and consultants from strong consulting firms.
- Build the cloud environment from complete scratch
- Build infrastructure and cloud engineering team from scratch and lead this team.
- Create pilots for cloud and infrastructure setup within the HK region, then once successful, oversee the roll-out execution within the APAC region
- 10+ years' experience within infrastructure space with experience in setting up individual machines, servers, networks, firewalls, virtual machines preferably VMWare.
- Strong experience in established multinational corporations
- Strong experience in setting up cloud environment - private, public and hybrid in nature.
- Strong experience in DevOps methodology and its associated tools for CI/CD - Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong experience in cloud and infrastructure solution design and architecture
- Strong management experience of on-shore and off-shore teams.
- Outspoken and insightful when problem-solving with a good habit of defining and planning strategically before taking action.
- Working experience in co-ordinating and communicating across various business units and vendors
- Working experience in working with and managing Big 4 or major tech consulting organisations and its employees