Oliver James Associates are currently supporting a leader in Insurance services who are seeking to recruit a Protection Pricing Actuary to their ambitious actuarial function.
Following a recent restructure in leadership, the new Senior Management are heavily investing into the Protection business with an ambitious 3 year plan currently in place. As a result, the Head of Protection Pricing is looking to recruit two Protection Pricing Actuaries to assist them in achieving their long term business strategy.
Experience in pricing is desirable but not essential.
- Assist in the pricing and analysis of all new and existing products.
- Support product development and price optimisation work
- Add value to new business proposition developments with the aim of improving business profitability across the product lines and being the first choice for customers
- Produce pricing reports and financial analysis for senior management on price changes and pricing assumptions
- Perform premium reviews for reviewable products
- Support reinsurance team with reinsurance strategy and retenders
- Assume responsibility for projects, co-ordinating plans and resources to achieve agreed deliverable within the required time, cost and quality parameters
- Plan, communicate and implement improvements to systems, processes and procedures, ensuring team commitment to any necessary changes
- Pro-actively develop and maintain working relationships to identify and satisfy mutual business requirements. This role will involve close liaison with a wide range of business areas within Insurance (including the rest of the Commercial FD team, Underwriting Strategy, SWP Proposition and Commercial Teams, Client Services, IT, Customer Operations, Risk & Finance), across the Group and externally (such as the reinsurers).
This opportunity with allow you to develop or utilise your existing leadership skills. You will have the opportunity to manage two students which you will be able to utilise as a resource to complete dynamic, commercial projects to a high standard. These responsibilities will be discussed in detail during your meeting with the buinsess.