Project Manager - Global Analytics
Reporting into the Global Analytics, the Project Manager will manage several data related projects. Most projects are short in duration with multiple such efforts going on in parallel. No two projects will look the same. Success requires a combination of strong communication, data management, vendor management and other project management skills. A good understanding of general P&C insurance processes will be key in making this role effective. Typical innovation efforts include projects in implementation of external and internal data sources for business processes, data testing and validation efforts, operational reporting environments, etc.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Global Analytics stakeholders to gather expectations, plan, and manage the delivery of innovation projects. For example, work with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to create detailed WBS on advance analytical projects that will include and not limited to machine learning
- Drive project delivery, identify and address project risks/issues, and communicate progress regularly to the stakeholders at different levels
- Develop and execute plans under a set of implementation and delivery time constraints. Create typical project plan artifacts and proactively manage projects. Proactive follow-ups and keeping track of deliverables is critical.
- Working with external vendors to identify and evaluate data attributes and quality
- Setting up processes for data testing and validation
- Documentation of project artifacts, requirements, data processes, etc.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in managing multiple, high intensity, short term projects (1 to 6 month cycles). Agile project background would be beneficial.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel data manipulation skills.
- Experience working on advanced analytics projects, such as, machine learning, AI, predictive models, visual analytics etc.
- Proficient in other MS Office tools: MS Project, PowerPoint, MS Visio etc.
- Sound knowledge of project lifecycle, artifacts, and check-points.
- Strong interest in learning new and emerging trends and technologies very critical.
- Hands-on experience with data management projects - data validation, integration of data sources, etc.
- Excellent vendor management skills and experience
- BS degree and 5 to 10 years of experience managing small to medium sized projects critical.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills critical
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is critical.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Project management certification a plus.
- Insurance industry experience a plus, particularly with underwriting processes.
- Demonstrated integrity and dedication to effective, efficient delivery of objectives.