To deliver small and medium sized change projects within the Strategic Change Portfolio, in conjunction with relevant Business Sponsors, either as standalone entities or as part of larger programmes.
- Delivery of small to medium size IT change projects. Project Management following Project Methodology guidelines and project governance framework. The individual must be capable of managing a number of concurrent small to medium sized projects.
- Managing overall project budgets and timescales according to requirements within defined scope
- Developing project plans and identifying project resource requirements scheduling, identification of risks and contingency plans.
- Identifying and schedules, project deliverables, milestones and required tasks.
- Directing and co-ordinating activities of project team members to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Ensuring deliverables are produced to required levels of quality.
- Tracking progress against expected benefits to ensure that those benefits are still achievable. Preparing project status reports to keep management and stakeholders informed of project progress and related issues Co-ordinating and responding to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Working with third party suppliers and managing supplier relationships to ensure delivery to contractual requirements
- Working closely with the outsourcing partner to procure and utilise services and resources in support of project delivery.
- Preparing project status reports and keeping senior management and stakeholders informed of project status and related issues.
- Adhering to project governance and supporting PSO in the delivery of the overall portfolio.
- Experience of managing third party supplier relationships and familiarity with outsource arrangements.
- An appreciation of current IT technologies and able to discuss and explain to Stakeholders with limited technical knowledge.
- Has the authority and skill to establish good working relationships and influence decisions at all levels of seniority within the company.
- Takes the initiative when appropriate and ensures that the correct people are involved to reach a suitable decision.
- Team player who is adaptable, understands the organisational needs and is able to manage and motivate a team comprised of individuals with diverse skills and differing needs. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with colleagues in the IT department.
- Will have developed negotiation and facilitation skills sufficient to challenge where appropriate but to strive to reach decisions that are acceptable to all parties.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.