Responsible for the execution of a Microsoft Azure-based infrastructure cloud transformation for a multinational, financial services company. The incumbent in this role will develop and maintain the various project plans, delivery artifacts and execution details required to blueprint the target architecture, implement the final design with proper testing and roll-back procedures and ensure a transition to stable operations.
- Project Delivery
o Execute a cloud foundation project to ensure proper tenant design, network configuration, security, etc.
o Execute the lift and shift of identified on-premise workloads over several months during weekends to Microsoft Azure
o Maintain project governance, budgets, communications, risks/issues, etc. throughout the program.
Skills and Experience
- Experience with executing an infrastructure lift and shift project to Microsoft Azure
- Experience working within a fully infrastructure managed services organization whereby support is provided via third party providers and vendors in a global infrastructure environment
- Experienced with Infrastructure project planning, budgeting and execution
- Broad and deep experience in the following IT disciplines:
o IT Plans and Budgets
o Infrastructure project management, frameworks and methodologies
o Release Management
- Basic understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models.
- Basic understanding of infrastructure domains (compute, virtualization, storage, networking, security) specializing in Windows and Linux operating systems and VMWare / HyperV virtualization
- Knowledge of active directory, account management and server hardening
- Knowledge of server security, patching and vulnerability management
- Knowledge of support automation and orchestration in cloud based services
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and tools to support build and automation efforts
- IP Networking and IT Security understanding desirable
- Excellent team building experience