Procurement Lead - Birmingham
Interim required to support the Head of Procurement during a busy period with new bids. The business has already set preferred suppliers across a number of categories for the sales team to select and include at bid stage.
This role will work with the sales team to ensure they are selecting the correct suppliers for the bids. At times you will be required to talk them through why the suppliers have been selected and the benefits of selecting them for their bids.
Working in a challenging environment with strong characters and historic purchasing processes, the role requires a strong individual who is capable of instigating change and influencing in a consultative collaborative way, with excellent negotiation skills.
The role will be London based with some travel to their Midlands regional office.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven background in procurement gained in a complex, multi-sector or multi-product environment within a large PLC business
- Experience with disparate business purchasing (multiple locations / business units)
- Ideally you will have experience in a business that has complex and or historic processes and systems
- Strong knowledge of end to end procurement life cycle with exceptionally strong stakeholder management, strategic sourcing and project management skills
- Experience in commercial / contract negotiation and tender processes
- Experienced in managing contracts through service delivery expectations
This is initially a 3 month contract role which is likely to extend.
Interviews Tuesday & Wednesday this week, Telephone with a f2f interview on the 3rd July.