Procurement Category Specialist (Catering / Cleaning) - West Midlands
- Located close to Birmingham Airport with 2 days work from home option
Exciting opportunity to join an established Procurement team during a period of transformation as they move closer to their "One Procurement" strategy and will have the opportunity to really make your mark! Working for a multi-national services business and reporting to the Procurement Category Manager, you will manage categories to drive short and long term value. This will be achieved through formulation and implementation of category sourcing strategies to meet business objectives and/or achieve the lowest total cost of ownership.
You will work closely with the Category Manager to drive best practice and compliance, support and identify specification and demand management saving opportunities. The role will involved generating transparency and management of categories and assist with demand planning with expert Business Unit advice. You will have strong stakeholder management experience working closing with senior managers to understand business requirements.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Development of sourcing, negotiation & contract strategies.
- Plan and manage single source negotiations and renewals as agreed with the business.
- Support Strategic Category Management approach to your spend areas obtaining buy in from management and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain preferred supplier relationships.
- Monitor contract and supplier performance.
- Drive RFP processes.
- Previous purchasing experience in Soft Services (Cleaning, Catering)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in purchasing for a large, multi-business organisation.
- Numerate and IT literate with experience of using Microsoft Business Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good understanding of Contract Law and terms and conditions of Contract or CIPS qualification is essential.
- Highly motivated and capable of operating with the minimum of guidance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and stakeholder.
- Proven track record in negotiation and supply relationship management.
For further information please apply.