To provide expert qualified resources to the change strategy priorities to analyse, design and improve the Corporation's business capabilities and standardisation of processes
To be a centre of excellence for change across process and business architecture, supporting the development and delivery of the Corporation's strategic priorities through a rigorous global programme of business transformation and development
As directed by the Head of Operational Excellence, the Process Improvement Manager will play an important role to review existing business processes and identify any areas for improvement for internal and external benefit.
They will also support the Head of Operational Excellence in helping to develop the team skills and share new tools, techniques and methodologies to enable them to drive their own programmes of continuous process improvement in the future. Where appropriate they will support with training and providing ongoing mentoring and coaching to build a continuous improvement and process management capability cross the Corporation.
To drive efficiency and effectiveness across the Corporation through delivering and embedding sustainable change, applying the six sigma and lean process improvement/design methodologies. To develop and standardise the Corporation's processes through developing a process management capability, and engaging others in a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Analysing processes and making recommendations to resolve business problems
- Assisting stakeholders to identify and define opportunities to gain benefit
- Proposing and delivering change initiatives to deliver benefit and service improvements
- Delivering process improvement projects end to end from the definition of scope through to conclusion using methodologies such as DMAIC, DMADV etc
- Preparing and delivering presentations/communications to employees, stakeholders, and the senior management team as required.
- Facilitating in the production of process definitions and flows in conjunction with the business.
- Developing process hierarchies and value streams, linking these to business capabilities
- Assisting stakeholders in the construction of suitable communication material throughout the life cycle of each project.
- Establishing and enhancing processes and quality management systems to monitor process efficiency and effectiveness
- Effectively managing the change journey, ensuring the appropriate engagement and training is identified and delivered to those involved/impacted by change, to ensure change is understood and accepted.
- Developing and embedding process ownership and process management, providing the tools, such as Standard Operating Procedures, Management Information Packs and suitable dashboard to ensure the change is sustained.
- Recognised in the business as a go-to person for information and/or advice in the context of business process review and improvement.
- Building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships through face-to-face, written and oral communication
- Dealing with stakeholder queries professionally and expeditiously creating an environment where colleagues and customers recognise positive outcomes
- Maintaining a solid understanding of high level processes and procedures internally
Training, Coaching & Mentoring
- Training, coaching and mentoring team members to a high standard
- Supporting programmes to build the capability across the Corporation in lean thinking/process improvement etc
- Helping to maintain business awareness of process improvement methodologies such as Kaizen, Yellow/Green belts certification etc.
- Recognised as focal point, trainer and mentor to the business as a process improvement expert
- Remaining knowledgeable and aware of current market thinking through self directed professional reading and market interface
The process improvement manager will have a flexible skill set and be able to project manage other projects outside of the Lean/Six Sigma process improvement arena:
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning and delivering of all the required deliverables within a project, and within the scope and agreed budget and timescales, to include full scale project plan creation and change communication strategy
- Ownership over the objective setting, planning, scoping and set up of the projects i.e. project governance structure, budget and resources and the ongoing management of this
- Managing risks and issues, including the development of contingency plans, and escalating where appropriate
- Provision of project management guidance and challenge to senior stakeholders throughout the project life-cycle
- Black Belt Certified/MBB certified with Lean Six Sigma experience
- Soft skills
- Training and Mentoring experience
- Black Belt/MBB Certified with Lean Six Sigma