Job description and person specification
Job Title: Process Analyst
Division: Claims Business Management, Group Claims
Key Relationships: Group Claims Team, BSS Department, other support departments, All Staff, External Clients and Suppliers
Job Summary: To support Global Group Claims strategic objectives by carrying out business process analysis to help drive change across the team. Responsible for the definition, improvement and delivery of processes and systems across the Claims team. To own and/or participate on small projects and BAU tasks falling under the remit of the Claims Business Management Team. To develop and maintain excellent relationships with people in all relevant departments.
Business Analysis Activities:
- Process improvement
- Review and design process solutions to address the needs of the Group Claims team.
- Follow the agreed business improvement process framework to identify and improve the operational stability and efficiency of Group Claims processes.
- Build a strong understanding of the operational processes across the different claims platforms and to become recognized as the SME for one or more parts of the operational landscape.
- Requirements gathering
- Define and document business requirements, acceptance criteria and design of systems and processes as appropriate across the business.
- Ensure that all deliverables are completed to a high standard, to agreed deadlines and following frameworks.
- Consider and propose enhancements to existing frameworks, approaches and deliverables.
- IT/business interface
- Work closely with the development team to realise requirements as agreed with business teams.
- Understand and promote innovative process design in addition to agreeing requirements.
- Project support
- Work within a variety of project and solution design frameworks as required at.
- Lead small projects within the Group Claims team, ensuring stakeholders are appropriately included and deliverables and milestones are met.
- Ensure the business team is involved appropriately in the definition, acceptance testing and use of the new system and/or process.
- Employ several techniques when eliciting requirements from business representatives including interviewing and facilitating workshops.
- Relationship building
- Develop relationships with senior management and staff within Group Claims and select other areas and ensure that there is an open and constructive dialogue regarding business needs, wants and issues at all levels, as relevant to the project or ongoing department/system responsibility.
- Ensure that all relevant staff receives clear and frequent updates regarding projects, programmes or issues as necessary.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with peers across different departments within to ensure that best practices are shared and bring to the Group Claims team new approaches and ideas from the wider business.
- Understanding the broader environment
- Work with Lloyd's and related external entities in order to ensure successful implementation of external, related processes and systems within the
- environment (where relevant).