Our globally respected client is seeking to appoint a Senior Pricing Actuary to lead new business acquisition.
Our globally respected client is seeking to appoint a Senior Pricing Actuary to lead new business acquisition which delivers client-centric reinsurance solutions and to play a critical role in the development of our Life and Health strategy.
The role is challenging, exciting and highly varied. It requires a candidate with solid industry experience, a strong understanding of life and health reinsurance across global markets as well as exceptional technical, communication and influencing skills.
The role will operate in an international environment and the successful candidate will be expected to coordinate and work with international colleagues across the Group, in particular with Life and Health teams.
Working with an excellent team, you will be provided the opportunity to lead transactions, demonstrate and enhance your skill set and to develop your own profile within the worldwide business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the role will span all aspects of actuarial pricing and new business acquisition, including:
- Evaluate new business opportunities sourced from within the L&H world-wide network
- Manage internal relationships and key stakeholders while managing successful acquisition and on-boarding
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of regulatory, accounting and economic impacts of prospective transactions
- Design and review bespoke reinsurance solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients
- Work collaboratively with group entities globally on new business opportunities
- Set and review pricing assumptions
- Effectively communicate how complex reinsurance solutions operate, the effect on our risk profile and the financial and economic outcomes to the Senior Management team including the CEO, CFO, Head of Corporate Actuarial and CRO
- Draft and review treaty wordings and summary documentation
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal colleagues on the latest pricing developments
- Maintain pricing procedures and underwriting guidelines in accordance with company requirements and regulatory best practice
Marketing and Strategy
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the L&H strategy
- Identify opportunities to support Business Centres within the Group
- Represent Pricing team at various internal Group workshops
- Work alongside the Head of Pricing in building and maintaining strong relationships with the
- Company's direct and internal clients
Regulation and Local Marketplace
- Actively monitor the changing regulatory environment internationally and locally (Solvency II/ IFRS 17) and assess impact on existing business and new business opportunities
- Contribute to discussions within the group on matters affecting new business, product development and economic solvency capital requirements
- Attend international reinsurance industry meetings to monitor developments in relevant markets
Education and Experience:
- Qualified actuary with at least 7 - 10 years post qualification experience
- Experience of life reinsurance is favourable, particularly in a pricing or structuring role
- International experience of reinsurance business across different regimes, geographies, product designs beneficial
- Detailed understanding of European solvency and regulatory requirements
Our client offers an excellent package, key focus on work life balance and designated, clear career growth.
For more information, get in touch via the below details.