Pricing Actuary to the Specialty Marine department, part of the wider Global Marine Pricing department.
You will be responsible for ensuring the development, co-ordination, monitoring and optimisation of pricing models and methodologies across the Specialty Marine Department. It is responsible for ensuring effective delivery of robust and consistent pricing actuarial analysis to support underwriting decisions and internal / external reporting.
Key Result Area
- Take responsibility for the development and implementation of pricing tools to support the Marine strategic aspirations and related operational plans.
- Within Marine, Pricing Actuaries ensure that pricing tools are designed and delivered to meet the needs of the underwriting teams, ensuring consistencies across the department, regions and other divisions as appropriate.
- Responsible for the design of any new software tool and collaborate with the Pricing Development team to effectively build and deliver the tool to the business
- Ensure that the technical pricing development in conjunction with the Pricing Development team is able to deliver pricing tools which are:
- Actuarially rigorous
- Consistent and fully compliant with the Group Underwriting technical pricing framework
- Operationally robust
- Quick and easy to use at the point of sale
- Accountable for maintaining robust Technical Pricing tools, which provide underwriters with flexibility and speed of response, ensure consistency and compliance with the technical pricing Framework
- Responsible for the effective day-to-day delivery of pricing to underwriters, providing analysis and output as appropriate
- Ensure via Product Group oversight that there is a consistent underwriting and pricing methodology within lines of business across regions and locations
- Contribute as appropriate to the Marine Management Team in the allocation of risk tolerance across regions and classes working with Group Underwriting Modelling
- Oversee development of appropriate technical pricing metrics and management information and report regularly to Entity CEO.
- Embed best practice across the Entity Actuarial Pricing team, incorporating applicable guidelines from the Group Pricing Development team.
Good interpersonal skills
Good communication skills in English
(both oral and written)
Ability to work well under pressure
Attention to detail and ability to
Proactive, flexible and adaptable
Actuarial Pricing Experience
Advanced knowledge of Excel
SAS, VBA and SQL advantageous