Operational Risk Manager
Operational Risk Manager - Group Function
As a risk manager, you will provide global expertise in Operational Risk methodology and tooling. You will provide expertise and leadership across the Group to develop and embed the operational risk standards in practice and prepare operational risk reports to the Management Board and Supervisory Board.
You support the oversight on special projects and promote a strong risk culture throughout the organization. Your contribution will play a significant part in helping this international insurance firm to deliver successful outcomes covering a range of risk projects driven by strategic priorities or the regulatory change agenda.
You will form sustainable, productive relationships and work closely with key stakeholders across the organization, including the Regional Operational Risk teams, to embed a risk aware culture as well as ensuring qualitative risk and control assessment processes are effectively implemented and reported regularly
Reporting into the Head of Operational Risk, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Enhancing operational risk identification and assessment via facilitation of workshops/meetings, structured self-assessments and regular communication.
- Prepare global operational risk reports and analytics.
- Providing oversight and challenge to the Regional identification, assessment, validation and reporting of operational risks and risk events - and ensuring that appropriate action is taken to mitigate risks.
- Maintain and support effective implementation of the Operational Risk Framework (such as Operational Risk Policy, Third Party Risk Management Policy, Business Continuity Policy), the Internal Control Framework and related standards/guidance.
- Ensuring the effective implementation of key operational risk tooling
As Operational Risk Manager, you are a dedicated team player with a hands on mentality and result oriented. You have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. You have an excellent practical understanding and experience of operational risk management and strong commercial awareness.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- An expert with at least 5-7 years' experience of which several years in operational risk management;
- A strong understanding of ORM practices and techniques including experience in the development and implementation of risk policies and risk tooling;
- Learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self-reliance
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail and accurate worker
- Good communication and relationship management skills;
- Experience in an international corporate setting desirable;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
I lavori simili
Operational Risk Analyst/Manager (Financial Services)
- Milano, Milano (provincia)
- 1 giorno fa
Per cliente nel settore "Financial Services", specificamente sistemi di pagamento, stiamo ricercando un operational risk analyst/manager. Nello specifico si occuperà delle seguenti attività: - Predisporre la reportistica e i flussi informativi della Funzione previsti dalla normativa int... Leggi di più
- Zürich, Switzerland
- giorni 3 fa
Risk Officer Zurich, Switzerland Oliver James Associates are currently representing a leading Reinsurer in their search for a Risk Officer that will report directly into the Group Head of Risk. This role will see you take a key leadership role in the enterprise risk function for the bus... Leggi di più
Head of Risk
- Zürich, Switzerland
- giorni 3 fa
Head of Risk I have just taken the brief on a brand-new Head of Risk opportunity on behalf of an Insurer in Zurich who are going through an exciting phase of growth. This is a new role that has arisen due to a successful restructure within the business over the last 6 months and are now... Leggi di più
Banking Risk opportunities
- London, England
- £90000 - £120000 per annum + plus package
- giorni 17 fa
I am looking for a number of banking professionals with experience across the following areas ; Banking Risk Trade Risk Model Risk Model Governance & Controls Structural Reform Capital management LIBOR / IBOR transition I am looking for SME's so you DO NOT have to have all of the above ... Leggi di più