Our client requires a non-life actuary with 8+ years experience in reserving or financial reporting (solvency II or IFRS 17) to support their IFRS 17 project.
This long term contract position offers a generous daily rate.
Location: Dublin (ideally 3+ days per week)
Start: ASAP - can accommodate notice period
Rate: Competitive and generous daily rate
Duration: 6-12 month initial contract with high likelihood of extension.
Role: Support implementation of IFRS 17. Building, testing and maintenance of non-life actuarial IFRS 17
- Calculation, testing and maintenance of IFRS17 CSM, risk adjustment, discounting, cashflows for group and legal entities leveraging Solvency II calculations where appropriate by working closely with the non-life and life actuarial teams, Finance, IT and external vendors to ensure IFRS17 compliance and maintenance of these processes post IFRS 17 implementation
- Modelling to support IFRS17 policy decisions
- Maintaining documentation of processes and procedures
- Working closely with Finance to ensure the efficient production of inputs to quarterly and annual IFRS17 financial statements
- Contributing to the monitoring of changes in rules and guidance or market practice relating to the calculation of IFRS 17 requirements
- Ideally Qualified Actuary with 8+ years experience in non-life insurance or reinsurance
- Experience of Solvency II, Reserving and/or financial reporting
- Previous IFRS 17 would be highly beneficial but isn't mandatory
Please apply today or contact Chris Armstrong at Chris.Armstrong@ojassociates.com
Oliver James Associates has specialised in Actuarial recruitment globally for over 15 years. Chris Armstrong oversees the Actuarial recruitment team for Oliver James Ireland. Please contact Chris today for confidential career advice.