The role holder is expected to be the key contact for issues arising with the liability modelling systems so will need to acquire in-depth knowledge of the liability models and a good understanding how changes to the models impact the information used within Finance Actuarial and the company.
- Support the Head of Actuarial Modelling to ensure the liability model is kept up to date, with problems and issues dealt with as they arise.
- Key point of contact for any issues arising from the wider Actuarial team, providing guidance and support to understand and explain any financial impacts arising from changes to the liability model.
- Support other actuarial staff with investigating and analysing results produced by the model under different scenarios.
- Provide key input into the release of new versions of the liability modelling systems, ensuring any enhancements or fixes have been agreed by the Chief Actuary and senior finance actuaries.
- Implement developments to the systems following a formal governed process including making sure they are robustly tested and documented as per the change policies and procedures.
- Support other actuarial or business projects as required.