Designs, develops, tests and performs maintenance of Line-of-Business Software Applications applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis.
Works closely with Software Architects in the definition of solutions.
Works independently and in teams on tactical assignments and in the development of sub-system components.
* Analyzes functional, non-functional and business requirements. Gathers and writes requirements for business information flows.
* Designs and develops complex software applications and model relational databases both independently and as part of a team.
* Demonstrates understanding of software applications and infrastructure architecture through business unit production implementations.
* Writes unit tests and performs integration testing to ensure high application quality that meets business requirements.
* Maintains an understanding of various deployment methods and tools and writes scripts and/or procedures for efficient processes.
* Maintains an understanding of systems, database and networking as well as IT assets interoperability with custom software development.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Regular predictable attendance is required. Position Qualifications:
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related area of study.
* 2+ years of experience in a position performing software development, support and maintenance.
* Knowledge of Object Oriented Concepts and Software Development Life Cycles.
* Competency in various tools and frameworks used as specified for the position such as Eclipse, Struts, JSF, Grails, Foundations.
* Proven record of new application development and ability to perform independently and/or leading small teams.
* Maintains or quickly builds insurance knowledge in topics such as Policies, Agents, Claims and Products as well as business knowledge off Operations, Finance, and Marketing/Sales.
* Good communication skills including presentation and written documentation.
* Highly motivated and eager to take initiative.
* Demonstrated success in software team and collaborative environment.
* Highly adaptable to change and able to recommend viable solutions to problems.
* Judgement must reflect the employee's experience level in software development.
* Experience in personnel management a plus.
* Able to mentor and coach software developers and team members.