MI Analyst - Permanent - London - Insurance
We are currently working with a leading London Market Insurer for a an exciting new project working closely with senior stakeholders and business partners predominantely around Underwriting, Sales, Marketing and Claims. They are looking for an MI Analyst to work closely with the business and be a key point of contact on this project moving forward. You will be:
- Works with and supports the Business Partners, and is providing accurate development, production, analysis and distribution of Management Information.
- Works closely with the business to deliver appropriate MI and provides insight and commentary with regard to business performance.
- Provides strategic value in the form of MI reporting through the efficient development and production of KPIs.
- Duties extend to all areas of the business.
- Proactive sharing of knowledge across the wider team and associated appropriate documentation of processes is key.
- Production and manual collation of BAU reporting.
- Support the development of effective analytics tools and associated data sets in support of commentary and analysis requirements set out below.
- Support the finance business partners and Head of Performance Management & Planning in the production and delivery of recurring senior management and Executive reporting together with specific granular business area reports.
- Gather requirements, design and build of MI reports to support finance and the business.
- Gather relevant financial and operating information to support further in-depth analysis.
- Coordinate and collate responses from the business in support of Commentary information and findings for report delivery.
- Identifying key trends and areas of opportunity highlighting them to business partners.
- Source and collate third party information.
- Undertake a wide range of analytics to ensure that we have a detailed understanding of our financial performance against plan.
- Create, develop and design reports to meet business requirements.
- Support requirements gathering and handle ad-hoc queries and in-depth financial and business analysis.
- Support forecast and budget activity.
- Provide analysis and evidence to inform decisions.
- Provide an independent view (to challenge the business) of financial and operating targets.
- Provide insight on strategic challenges and opportunities.
- Use of Excel, Power BI and limited SQL (if required).
- Development of effective reporting, analytics tools and associated data sets in support of commentary and insight.
- Maintain, update & automate existing MI reports.
- Responsible for accuracy of content and data consistency.
- Troubleshoot, identify and action improvements in respect of report generation and distribution.
- Provide basic training/instruction to business users and MI colleagues.
- Providing recommendations on how the quality and granularity of our source data can be improved to enhance our analytical capabilities.
- Contributing to the overall management of financial and operational performance.
- Support Finance systems team in development and improvement of MI.
- Strive to develop mainstream reports to support a culture of self-service.
- Experience and knowledge of Insurance methods of trading, industry operational practices and procedures.
- Understanding of data structures and experience of extracting and utilising data to drive key strategic decisions.
- Appreciation of the industry and market legal, regulatory and compliance provisions and the broker channels to market.
Preferred but not essential:
- Strong Excel (to macro level).
- SSAS cube structured reporting.
- MS Power BI
- MS report builder/Reporting Services
- SQL /Access
- Microsoft Office products.
Should this be of interest or you wish to know further information please email email@example.com.