Oliver James Associates are currently supporting a leading Insurance firm who are seeking to recruit a Longevity Manager into their Demographic Risk team.
As the Longevity Actuary (Actuarial Manager) you'll produce and communicate longevity assumptions for use across several critical areas of the business. You'll analyse data to produce insightful output and form well thought through judgments to augment data analysis. You'll use this to explain assumptions clearly to partners.
Key Responsibilities and Projects
- Analysis of the key factors correlated with longevity in large complex data sets
- Traditional experience analysis and construction of survival models to analyse pensioner or annuitant mortality data
- Derivation of longevity assumptions required for pricing, reserving, capital management and profit reporting
- Support the annuity pricing team in determining mortality assumptions on individual deals
- Participate in analysis and transaction of longevity reinsurance
- Keep up with emerging developments in the field of longevity, e.g. output from the Continuous Mortality Investigation
- Positively influence others by demonstrating strong communication skills
- Act as a source of specialist expertise
- Responsible for managing and implementing robust processes aligned to short term business objectives
- Manage and minimise operational risks
- Establish and build relationships with stakeholders to support the provision of quality and timely information and analysis to inform business decisions
- Effectively work within and maintain internal network for the purpose of optimising business results
- Support agreed change projects to deliver continuous improvement.