We're looking to hire a Pricing Actuary to join our French market team, reporting to the Head of Pricing - France - Life & Health. You will be expected to make a significant contribution to the development of our pricing team and the wider enhancement of the businesses' Life & Health propositions.
What can we offer you?
An international environment, where you will be challenged, can learn from other specialists and develop quickly. An opportunity to directly impact the growth of our business and be part of the story. A structure that fosters empowerment and collaboration with various stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Active involvement in the tender process for new and existing opportunities, collaborating with Client Partners and Medical teams.
- Detailed pricing of proportional and non-proportional reinsurance solutions, including experience analyses, developing assumptions, projections and assessing profitability.
- Conduct actuarial studies and data analysis of client portfolios to improve our internal benchmarks, defend them to the Central Pricing Team and to Reserving Actuaries.
- Research, development, maintenance and improvements to EMELA's pricing benchmarks, methodologies and tools for French market.
The Profile that we need to complete these tasks:
- A qualified actuary with a (re-)insurance pricing experience, product development of portfolio analysis.
- Knowledge of individual protection products in France.
- Experience in MS Excel and actuarial projections systems (e.g. Risk Agility) or statistical software/programming language (e.g. R).
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French (client meetings) and in English (internal stakeholders), including the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an effective way
To apply, please send your CV to Tom.Molyneux @ojassociates.com. I look forward to exploring this opportunity together.