Become a part of an expanding start-up within an established telecommunications company, who's aim is to provide protection solutions directly to consumers. The team strives to deliver competences that are key to driving this business; working closely with partners and clients.
About the Role
You will be the Lead Solution Architect within the technology & operations department. You will work alongside several multi-functional teams to shape and structure the technology platform that fulfil the business and product vision to create value to both customers and partners.
You will be required to tackle and solve complex problems in a distributed infrastructure using simple and configurable solutions. It also requires coordinating and aligning the architecture to ensure that it is fit for purpose.
Your responsibilities include:
- Construct new capabilities and components within the platform for maximisation of speed, efficiency and performance to scale business processes
- Create and design artefacts including solution designs, sequence diagrams, logical designs, API interface definitions, data schemas, etc. alongside software engineers
- Analysis of source code, with a focus on performance, simplicity and maintainability
- Coordinate architecture to minimise total cost of ownership, whilst improving efficiency
- Develop vision for the architecture and guide software engineers and other departments and stakeholders
- 3+ years experience as a solution/application architect
- 5+ years experience as a developer with proven software engineering capabilities
- Strong knowledge in architecture-related artefacts such as solution designs, sequence diagrams, API interface definitions, data schemas, etc.
- Experience around IT security and in treatment sensitive customer data according to GDPR
- Knowledge of work-flow management, identity management, document management, etc.
- Experience with micro services architectures and best practices around designing, scaling and monitoring concurrent systems
- You carefully evaluate design trade-offs and strive for simple, elegant, algorithmically efficient solutions
- Experience in API interface design and data-models
- Experience in CI/CD, test-driven-development and automated testing