We are looking for an experienced Lead Infrastructure Engineer to join & support a dedicated and highly skilled team based in Wigan. In this role you will take lead on a series of exciting Infrastructure projects including; installations, site moves / changes, networks, software applications etc.
You will also act as an escalation point, providing 3rd line (and above) Infrastructure support where needed, responsible for security, resilience, backup and monitoring of the entire infrastructure.
- To provide leadership for the Infrastructure team
- Act as a technical guide/ mentor and to be able to drive a high level of quality from your team
- Engage with management regularly - reports, activity, achievements
- Put together & install infrastructure components, ensuring that the technical performance aspects are optimised
- Support wider teams within the business in the delivery of change projects
- Design, develop, implement & test solutions based on business requirements
- Help contribute to the wider IT strategy to delivery continuous improvements.
- Design, build, deploy & maintain the infrastructure using the latest technologies
- Identify, oversee development, analyse, evaluate mature & transition technologies to suit new business requirements.
Skills & Experience
- At least 4 years in an Infrastructure role
- Previous experience within a lead position
- Experience with technologies such as; Office 365, Windows Servers, VMWare, AD, SAN/NAS, LAN Networking, switch configuration...
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure (upcoming cloud focused projects)
- Knowledge to implement strategies, evaluate processes and build upon the existing infrastructure.
Paying up to £55k DOE with a host of benefits, this is a fantastic company and role to get involved with.
Click apply now for more details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org