Job Title: Application Security Engineer
About the role: Oliver James Cyber & Information Security Recruitment team is partnered with a global financial institution to bring on a Lead Application Security Engineer. This position is able to interview, hire and on board remotely. We are seeking individuals who have a strong grasp of securing code and working with engineering teams to implement security mechanisms.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to secure code.
- Have an acute sense of what unsecured code looks like, and have the ability to re-mediate it.
- Champion a "secure by design" model across the SDLC.
- Act as a security subject matter expert and respond to security queries.
- Evaluate security posture and risk appetite of current and future applications.
- Balance product advancement with security flaws in a risk based approach.
- Have the ability to engage with both technical and non technical stakeholders to explain security mechanisms.
- Prior experience within Application Security
- Understanding of Application Security best practices.
- Well rounded knowledge of multiple Information Security domains.
- Experience in code reviews, vulnerability detection, and root cause analysis.