Java Developer - Birmingham - 6 Month Contract (To Hire)
My client, a national insurance carrier across multiple states, is going through a major transformation program across the business. Looking for an ambitious, energetic Java Developer to join their fast growing team in the Birmingham office.
Designs, develops, tests and performs maintenance of Business Software Applications applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis. Works closely with Software Architects in the definition of solutions. Works independently and in teams on tactical assignments and in the development of sub-system components.
- Analyzes functional, non-functional and business requirements. Gathers and writes requirements for business information flows.
- Designs and develops complex software applications and model relational databases both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates understanding of software applications and infrastructure architecture through business unit production implementations.
- Writes unit tests and performs integration testing to ensure high application quality that meets business requirements.
- Maintains an understanding of various deployment methods and tools and writes scripts and/or procedures for efficient processes.
- Maintains an understanding of systems, database and networking as well as IT assets interoperability with custom software development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular predictable attendance is required.
- 2+ years of experience in a position performing software development, support and maintenance.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related area of study.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Concepts and Software Development Life Cycles.
- Competency in various tools and frameworks used as specified for the position such as Eclipse, Struts, JSF, Grails, Foundations.
- Proven record of new application development and ability to perform independently and/or leading small teams.
- Maintains or quickly builds insurance knowledge in topics such as Policies, Agents, Claims and Products as well as business knowledge off Operations, Finance, and Marketing/Sales.
I lavori simili
- Milano e provincia, Italia
- giorni 29 fa
Realtà cliente, leader in Italia nel settore assicurativo, è alla ricerca di professionisti con buona conoscenza delle tecnologie Java per andare a rafforzare il proprio organico IT. Sono alla ricerca di una figura di Java Developer: - esperienza, anche breve, nel medesimo ruolo (partic... Leggi di più
Technical Lead - Java
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- giorni 9 fa
This is a chance to work with one of Ireland's leading provider of efficient health care systems. Ranging across a number of exclusive clients they work with cutting edge technology, to help their customers deliver more efficient health care at a higher level. Their overall goal is to i... Leggi di più
Senior Java Engineer
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin
- giorni 13 fa
If you're a problem solving engineer who can communicate well and is keen to join a an with exceptional culture with a high retention rate - This opportunity will be of interest. Currently looking for problem senior java engineers for a brand-new opportunity that involves developing an ... Leggi di più
Senior Java Software Engineer
- Zürich, Switzerland
- giorni 20 fa
As a leader in the insurance industry worldwide, my client are looking to expand their IT teams with the addition of a talented Java engineer to work specifically on their business software, unique to the insurance market. Considered as an all-in-one solution, the platform covers the wh... Leggi di più