Exciting new opportunity to join a successful business based near Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. The business has a number of sites throughout the UK, and is going through an exciting period of growth.
The IT is fully Cloud based. You will be managing 2x 1st / 2nd Line Support Engineers. There is no on-call with this role, working hours between 8.30am-5.30pm, free parking on site. The offices are located just off the A34 and can be easily accessed.
You will report directly to the Head of IT and help him continue to look at new technologies and processes as the business invests well into IT.
The successful candidate will be able to balance team leadership with hands on support and guidance, providing a diverse range of technical support to customers. You will be the main point of contact for reporting incidents and issues.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supporting the team at Head Office and remote support to site teams and overseas offices.
- Production and reporting of KPIs to monitor and improve Service Desk performance.
- Support and delivery of new systems and services lead by the infrastructure team.
- Establish service reviews, feedback with key IT contacts throughout the business.
- Supporting the development of the technical team.
- Team line management experience, setting objectives and expectations and appraising the performance of the team.
- Supervise, support and motivate your team of technical support staff.
- Experience of ITIL based service management tools and processes.
- The creation, maintenance and publishing of relevant support documentation in order to assist colleagues in the quick resolution of incidents and to enable users to become more self sufficient.
- An understanding of ITIL processes including incident / request / problem / change management.
- Carrying out the configuration, installation, monitoring, maintenance and testing of computer systems and networks, from the ground up to completion.
- Supporting with the ongoing development of client business including tendering, procurement of consumables, hardware, software and projects.
Experience and skills
- Excellent technical skills and experience
- ITIL based helpdesk management software
- FreshService experience would be advantageous
- Hardware support & operating systems
- Windows 10, Exchange Online
- Office 365 Management and Administration
- Azure Active Directory administration
- VOIP Systems
- LAN / WIFI