IT Project Manager
This position is responsible for execution, support and assistance in all aspects of project management. Provides leadership and guidance as it pertains to project planning, execution, status reporting, communication, financial management and issues/risk mitigation. Accountable for ensuring successful delivery of a program is completed on-budget and on-time. Previous experience managing multiple large-scale programs.
Typically manages relationships where development and/or support has been outsourced. Directs the work of several project managers, development managers from diverse areas. Has financial responsibility to meet budget and financial goals.
This role reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and is responsible for, but not limited to, operating with wide latitude for recommending and making important project decisions most often difficult and complex in nature.
- Manage multiple consecutive complex projects.
- Leads design and budget of projects and effective communications to all stakeholders.
- Defines project structure, phasing, resource plans and activity schedules.
- Prepares and tracks budgets, project plans, and team resources.
- Coordinates and plans with interdependent teams.
- Ensures that realistic project, sub-project and quality plans are prepared and maintained.
- Ensure that comprehensive project quality, and risk plans for projects of a complex nature are prepared and maintained
- Provides project and program status to executive management providing recommendations as needed
- Identify and anticipate risks and issues; facilitate resolution, mitigation, and appropriate escalation.
- Understands the requirements of new assignments by ensuring that assumptions are challenged, technical proposals are tested, and business requirements validated with a view to better align IT solutions to business strategies.
- Builds, drives, manages relationships with our senior internal business leaders.
- Liaises with project sponsors, and other managers within the function and within the business; managing expectations for projects.
Knowledge and skills:
- Proven ability to drive large scale software implementation projects with high collaboration and leadership
- Applied experience in applying industry standard software development methodologies to support software delivery (SDLC, Agile etc…)
- Scope, cost resource and time management.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to senior management
- Proven track record of delivering and supporting multiple large-scale programs.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Leads programs, mitigates risks, prioritizes and manages scope
- Lead the development and delivery of IT solutions across a variety of technologies including:
- Custom web/mobile development in Java and .NET
- Familiarity with software technologies - API, digital portal and workflow technologies
- Cloud Solutions in Azure and AWS
- Experience of having managed previous cloud software provider implementations operating SaaS an advantage
- Deliver presentations and facilitate meetings while adapting communication to varying audiences including high level stakeholders
- Liaise with broader corporation to ensure line of business alignment to corporate compliance and security standards