Infrastructure Solution Architect - Leeds, West Yorkshire
Opportunity to join a global business specialising in services and solutions to the Financial Services market. The business is looking for an enthusiastic all-rounder with proven experience in technical architecture and design across a wide range of technologies. The Infrastructure Architect needs to be agile and innovate the creation of new ideas; not relying on antiquated process and principles.
- Virtualisation technologies in an enterprise environment
- Strong understanding of networking principles, including WAN connectivity, HSRP/Clustering, Vlan, routing
- Strong experience of building and configuring enterprise hardware such as firewall, switches, VPN, both internal and external load balancers
- Strong experience of building and configuring enterprise server hardware including but not limited to: SAN, Blade
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server and Linux operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of Enterprise applications such as: AD, SQL, Exchange/O365, SCCM/Wsus
- Ability to prioritise and plan the delivery of key milestones on multiple project streams
- You need excellent communication skills, present a strong customer service awareness and be able to liaise with both internal and external service functions. You will need to be a self-starter with ability to work on your own initiative with proven customer service skills and a passion for delivering to high standards with the ability to write accurate reports and business cases.
- Must be customer facing - part of the role will be working with Customers to gather requirements - whether this is with internal stakeholders and customers, or with the businesses customers as part of a due diligence or implementation process in a confidential environment.
- Must have attention to detail and deliver consistent and accurate designs and documentation
This is a new position within an established IT & Change team of approx. 200 people. The business offers room to progress within the team and business as well as support to stay abreast of the newest technologies in the market. Benefits include 26 days holiday, 6% pension, life insurance. Parking is available on site at the office with public transport by bus and train within walking distance.