This exciting syndicate is looking to appoint an interim FP&A manager to support the business planning process, analysis of financial results and various financial projects and initiatives. This is set in the context of high-performing FP&A function who works to the beat of a highly successful Private Equity backer.
The FP&A function within finance is responsible for financial analysis, business planning and partnering, and financial projects which arise frequently (e.g. capital planning and raising, strategic tax initiatives, expense management, business case analyses). This need is critical given the group's private equity investor base which has high expectations of the business in terms of financial analysis and projections.
To this end, the Head of FP&A is looking to recruit an FP&A Manager to support the business planning process, analysis of financial results and various financial projects and initiatives. On commencement of the role, the FP&A team reporting to the Head of FP&A will consist of a Group Expense Manager and the FP&A Manager. The team will be expanded to meet the needs of the business and investors as necessary.
The successful candidate will demonstrate;
- A very strong intellect and ability to develop a good understanding of a broad array of financial information from differing sources (including actuarial/capital modelling) needed by the business and the key commercial implications of that information.
- The ability to distil large quantities of information / data into meaningful analysis and insight that supports the CFO, Executive, Board and investors in driving the business forward.
- A highly flexible and adaptive approach which responds well to priorities which can change at short notice and which evolve over time.
- An ability and willingness to produce analysis and reports individually where necessary recognising that the syndicate is currently a small business with financial processes which are not fully developed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach with the ability and desire to develop good relationships across the business (including finance, actuarial, underwriting)
- A high level of curiosity about the business and its financial drivers and an unrelenting focus on continuous improvement of financial results and processes.
- A belief in the value of simplicity and transparency wherever possible.
- A good understanding of data and spreadsheet management.
- A very high degree of professionalism in terms of personal behaviour and in the quality of reports and other outputs produced.