This job is responsible for the reconciliation of banking transactions to the General Ledger cashbooks and the production of all journals and documentation to support the process.
The job also includes the completion of other balance sheet reconciliations and activities as required.
- Perform bank reconciliations and follow up on reconciling items on a timely basis within agreed timescales
- Ensure reconciliations are performed as efficiently as possible, using automated reconciliation software
- Daily controls for all transactions into the cashbook electronically and manually, ensuring timely and accurate completion at scheme level
- Maintain and post all P&L and Balance sheet cashbook journals daily and within agreed timescales
- Ensure all bank reconciliations are supported with the relevant documentation and are authorised prior to filing
- Liaise with banks on any discrepancies and follow to conclusion
- Attend monthly review meetings to explain and provide an account of all reconciling items