To partner the business to enhance decision making with a focus on strategy, planning, analysis and reporting.
To ensure that all external financial reporting requirements (statutory, regulatory, tax, capital etc) are fulfilled.
- Proactively support the 'Head of' and the CFOs in delivering the key month end management reports.
- Understanding of the key business areas to ensure that monthly financial reporting is fully analysed and understood.
- Create key monthly outputs for business partners to present to Underwriting divisions.
- Identify and suggest improvements to the month end reporting process.
- Respond to reporting questions raised by Head Office, business partners, Legal Entity teams and external auditors.
- Support with analysis on ad hoc projects and other initiatives.
- Proactively support the 'Head of' and the pillar CFOs in delivering the key month end management reports.
- Assist in preparing MD&A / MOR commentary for their areas.
- Support in collecting and reviewing business inputs for monthly reporting (e.g. actuarial reviews, XoL bookings, etc).
- Present and clearly explain financial analysis to business partners, often within very tight timescales.
- Assistance in completion of ad hoc tasks.
Skills and Experience
- ACA/ CIMA/ACCA qualified and or relevant qualification
- An understanding of the non-life insurance business and industry in the Lloyd's market and work experience of insurance accounting.
- Highly analytical approach to work to complete detailed analysis with structured, robust approach to data manipulation, interpretation and present findings in a clear and simple manner.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and forge good relationships throughout all levels of the organisation and across functions.
- Possess a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work and build effective relationships at different organisational levels to ensure effective teamwork across finance and other functions.
- Minimum Intermediate level MS Excel skills; experience with Microsoft BI, SAP and Oryx planning would be advantageous.