This role reports to the Director of Organization Support and is responsible for delivering major initiatives on behalf of the CTO. These initiatives span Enterprise Data Services and IT Infrastructure. The Technical Delivery Manager will focus on delivering new capabilities for Cloud SaaS and PaaS solutions, enterprise DW and data pools, databases, data centers, networks, servers, IT operations, telecom and end-user computing technologies and processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(List in order of importance the major job duties of the position)
- Responsible for working with the Corporate PMO team and team managers to manage supply and demand of CTO projects.
- Promote and advocate the effective use of the ServiceNow ITBM project management tool.
- Liaise with architects, technical teams, and leadership (both business and IT) across the customer's organization.
- Coordinate with project team members and stakeholders to ensure the right resources are working on the right tasks at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals.
- Leverage technical domain expertise to drive project delivery, lead the project team, clearly set and manage customer expectations, and proactively address and resolve project related issues.
- Develop business cases to support governance decisions.
- Make effective use of project tools as part of the delivery process to include project charters, status reports, requirements documents (business and technical), project issue, risk and decision logs, and data quality plans (if necessary).
- Manage and report status of budgets allocated to CTO initiatives.
- Report overall project status to the customer and to stakeholders
- Work with Procurement to identify and coordinate new initiatives requiring contract and vendor management to include legal review.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
(List degrees, training, licenses, certifications and work experience needed for the position)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience delivering major initiatives and/or managing projects.
- 5+ years of experience managing or working with data systems and IT infrastructure technologies
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership experience building cross-organizational consensus while delivering major initiatives
- Experience building requirements, developing business cases and selecting solutions using RFP documentation and processes
- Experience leading system, infrastructure, or tool implementations with responsibility for verifying capabilities, outputs, dependencies and implementation scope
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
(List software skills, typing skills, etc)
The IT Delivery Manager must have the following skills:
- Proficiency using project management tools and methodologies
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key business and technical concepts, and then effectively communicate these concepts with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management
- Entrepreneurial by nature with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and to manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources
- Strong analytical, data processing and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and diligent
The Technical Delivery Manager must have in-depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- Prior use of ServiceNow ITBM is a plus or use of Microsoft Project
- PMI/PMBOK concepts and project management methodologies such as agile, scrum, hybrid, and waterfall
- Data management, data governance and analytical tools and methodologies
- IT infrastructure technologies, tools, and implementation approaches
- Technology contracts and vendor management
- Engagement with sourcing, procurement and vendor management legal, tax and accountancy advisors for additional information