This opportunity sits within a global leading insurance company with more than 10 business units within the APAC region. You will be working on their cloud platform. They aim to setup and establish this cloud platform for their data storage needs for the whole APAC region.
Your role and responsibility
- Lead an infrastructure team of around 10 highly qualified infrastructure engineers. Manage resource and people aspects of the infrastructure team.
- Provide infrastructure and tooling to make software delivery teams more productive.
- Provide cloud infrastructure and CI/CD tools to enable software delivery teams to deploy and operate their systems.
- Define and deliver supporting services like logging, tracing, monitoring, etc.
- Further improve our highly available, scalable, and self-healing Kubernetes infrastructure on the Azure platform. Enforce best practices and IT operations processes for a high load and high availability environment.
- Improve our system stability by further developing our SRE capabilities.
- Ensure repetitive work is automated.
- Participate in business discussions to define a software and infrastructure target architecture which meets current and future business requirements.
- Set up proper architecture principles and guidelines to support software delivery teams in taking architectural decisions which are in line with the target architecture.
- Support and facilitate the process of taking architectural decisions.
- 3+ years of experience in leading/mentoring/developing/coaching people and teams.
- Strong in mapping out a target IT infrastructure based on a business strategy in large scale corporations/organizations.
- Strong in defining the strategy and tactics to getting there. 4-7 years of experience as a software engineer with exposure to software operations.
- Solid architectural skills.
- Understanding of agile software development processes and methodologies.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and managing container workloads.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Kubernetes is required).
- Strong experience with MySQL as well as in-memory databases.