Reporting to the Infrastructure Practice Lead the Infrastructure DevOps Engineer is responsible for implementing modifications and new products/devices in line with business requirements. They will be responsible for automating and streamlining on premise and cloud infrastructure to deliver highly available and robust systems.
The Infrastructure DevOps Engineer works as part of a cross-functional team completing design, development, implementation, and management of infrastructure using DevOps methodologies and will play a pivotal role in championing and embedding a DevOps culture across our Change and Technology functions.
- Main Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the Technology Strategy, with focus on cloud approach and DevSecOps practices and based on standards, regulation and technology.
- Investigate and propose new technologies in line with operational needs and requirements.
- Analyse ways of working, with a view to deliver automation
- Translate requirements and specifications into robust implementations, ensuring they are delivered to defined timescales and ensuring the security, availability, performance, scalability, and automation of our infrastructure.
- Maintaining and enhancing build/deployment pipelines for continuous integration and continuous delivery of changes to improve quality and availability of our product.
- Complete the technical hands on implementation of monitoring and systems deployment.
- Documents configuration and changes to infrastructure systems.
- Identifying areas of concern and completing relevant investigation and remedial actions.
- Complete delivery of technical projects and implementation of new products.
- Design and implement automation solutions, to streamline releases.
At least 5 years' experience in an IT environment, 3 of which focused on Infrastructure
2 years' experience working in a DevOps environment
- VMware vSphere
- VMWare Horizon 7
- Windows Server OS 2008 R2, 2012 R2 & 2016
- Active Directory administration
- Group Policy administration
- Network Core Services ( DNS, DHCP, WSUS)
- SQL Server administration