Infrastructure and Storage Specialist / VMWare - Watford
We are looking for an experienced VMWare and Storage Infrastructure specialist to join a global company within the Insurance Industry. With a base salary paying up to £65k you will be based out of their modern offices in Herfordshire, your overall goal will be to maintain and continuously improve the VMWare and SAN infrastructure to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Maintenance, Administration, Installation and configuration of the VMWare and SAN infrastructure to ensure it is secure and available.
- The automation of daily tasks using vRalise Orchestrator
- Optimise storage utilisation and cost effectiveness as well as reporting on and planning VMWare storage capacity
- Resolve queries/ issues with penetration tests and vulnerability scans.
- Provide advise on technologiesand implementations that can improve performance and efficiency
- Work with development teams and architects to design, plan and build infrastructure to meet business needs
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with the following VMWare technologies; vSphere, VMWare CLI, vRealise Orchestrator, vSphere fault tolerance and high availability
- Strong background with SAN Management
- Strong PowerShell scripting
- Experience working on virtual datacentre architecture and security
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of IP networking
- Brocade Fibre SAN Fabric switches
- VMWare qualifications
This is a fantastic opportunity to be able to work on a sophisticated infrastructure and to gain exposure to global scale projects.