Information Security Manager - Solihull - £75'000
I have an opportunity for an ambitious Information Security Manager to join a financial services firm who are looking to add a technical expert to their operational risk team. You will be tasked with providing oversight and challenge to the operational security team and InfoSec function.
This is a key role for the business as they look to build out a proper operational risk function with oversight on a fast-moving tech team that is undertaking a large-scale transformation. You will have to be a proactive Information Security Manager getting out into the business and helping to improve the overall ability of the business to effectively manage risk.
Ideally as an Information Security Manager you will have experience in a number of technical areas (Network Security, Cloud Security, Threat Intelligence, Vendor Risk Management) as well as governance to a number of standards (ISOO27001, NIST, GDPR, PCI-DSS)
Responsibilities for Information Security Manager:
- Oversight on security controls and implementing a security controls testing capability
- Work with the DPO with ongoing GDPR compliance and oversight
- Set up and develop a Threat Intelligence capability for the business to keep the business aware of emerging threats
- Help define third party security assurance with the supplier risk team
- Work with relevant teams and challenge them on the controls in place
- Own and develop the documentation around Information Security Standards
- Work with senior stakeholders across the business to ensure IT Risk are maintained in line with risk appetite
- Monitor the growing threats both internally & externally and help improve the overall business resilience
Skills for Information Security Manager:
- Strong experience in working as part of an enterprise risk function or as a leader in an Information Security function
- Understanding or development of IT & IS governance frameworks
- Comfortable with regulation surrounding information security
- Strong technical IT Security knowledge ideally gained in a front line or operational role
- Experience working to develop and maintain ISO 27001, NIST standards
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced business
- Able to work between technical and non-technical teams
- CRISC, CISM or CISSP certification
As the Information Security Manager, you will be an expert when it comes to understanding and improving risk processes in IT, Cyber and Change as well as implementing standards across the relevant teams. In previous roles, you will have taken a proactive approach with the business in either a first or second line role. You will be assessing and improving 1LoD risk management practices.
This is a great opportunity to join a business who have a massive investment across the business and are investing in new platforms as well as a large-scale cloud migration. If you are looking to get involved in high profile and key strategic projects, then this could be a great role for you.
For more information or to apply please contact Alec Dewell on 0203 861 9134 or firstname.lastname@example.org