Head of IT
The Head of Technology is a key part of the management team, responsible for the on-going success of the division. Working with the Chief Operating Officer - Insurance & Assistance and management team to help shape the business strategy, the Head of Technology is subsequently responsible for ensuring the technology capability underpins the business strategy. The Head of IT will need to work closely with the COO and C Suite to create and drive a technology strategy that aligns to the business strategy.
The Head of IT is responsible for a large team of technologists; internal, matrixed, and outsourced. The successful candidate needs to find the right balance between internal capabilities and external, insourcing and upskilling where appropriate, as well as outsourcing where required.
They will be responsible for maturing the capabilities across the development and operations lifecycle, including culture.
They will work with the key business sponsors. Ensuring that the technology within the business both leverages and aligns to group technology strategy and capabilities. Working with matrixed roles, Architects, Service Delivery and Infrastructure.
- Deliver new business systems within the IT Strategy and systems roadmap within Insurance both internally and for clients. To work with the wider Development teams for new functionality and systems in addition to the core Insurance & Assistance platforms.
- Define the strategic technical approach to meet the needs of Insurance.
- To successfully and efficiently deliver the technical components of business change and client engagements that meet the quality expectations within the allocated time and budget.
- Work with suppliers and the wider IT functions to define, and agree and establish effective relationships between stakeholders, including responsibility for the relationships with Technology Supply functions and Insurance & Assistance.
- To lead, motivate and manage the Insurance & Assistance Technology team to support the division with robust business systems.
- Drive the Technology elements of the Insurance & Assistance annual strategy, planning and budgetary process.
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for business systems within Insurance & Assistance to deliver sustainable long term benefits including reuse and removal of complexity and duplication.
- Agrees and manages the technology budget for the division
- To put in place a technology change function to continue to build on Strategic Platform as future Insurance & Assistance business goals evolve.
Skills and Experience:
- The role requires an experienced IT professional with a strong technical background, who is capable of building strong relationships with Product Owners, Project Managers and Business Stakeholders, delivering against challenging commercial targets and driving through performance improvements across our technology delivery teams.
- Insurance experience is preferable
- Able to embrace and guide uncertainty and change within a transforming business.
- Understands the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions such as Product and Platform teams supplying services.
- Knows how to make and sustain a business case through effective benefits management, and demonstrates the ability to make, and take responsibility for, adventurous and innovative decisions on major technical and service delivery issues.
- Expert in Customer centric IT Change