I'm currently recruiting for a Head of FP&A in the City of London. My client is looking for someone of strong intellect and knowledge to fill this business critical function to help drive forward growth in 2019, a year in which they have high expectations in terms of financial analysis and projections. My Client has gained itself a positive reputation in the market, becoming an industry leading provider of asset management, asset servicing. My Client offers a comprehensive array of fund products and services worldwide.
A need has been identified in the business to enhance and overhaul the finance department with respect to its financial analysis, business partnering and financial projects. The Group's finance function is critical owing to the high expectations for forecasting and projections from its investor base.
To this end, the CFO is looking to recruit a Head of FP&A on a contract basis to support him in driving forward these areas and take ownership for the business planning process, analysis of financial results and various financial projects and initiatives. The Head of FP&A will manage and support the wider planning team to deliver these results. The team will be expanded to meet the needs of the business and investors as necessary.
As part of this role, the successful individual will gain substantial exposure to other areas of the Group Business and, therefore, will play a significant role in driving the business forward and also gaining a wider breadth of experience than is often available in other Asset Manager businesses.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A very strong intellect and ability to develop a good understanding of a broad array of financial information from differing sources (including actuarial/capital modelling) needed by the business and the key commercial implications of that information.
- The ability to distil large quantities of information / data into meaningful analysis and insight that supports the CFO, Executive, Board and investors in driving the business forward.
- A highly flexible and adaptive which responds well to priorities which can change at short notice and which evolve over time,
- An ability and willingness to produce analysis and reports individually where necessary recognising that Vibe is currently a small business with financial processes which are not fully developed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach with the ability and desire to develop good relationships across the business (including finance, actuarial, underwriting)
- A high level of curiosity about the business and its financial drivers and an unrelenting focus on continuous improvement of financial results and processes.
- A belief in the value of simplicity and transparency wherever possible.
- A good understanding of data and spreadsheet management.
- A very high degree of professionalism in terms of personal behaviour and in the quality of reports and other outputs produced.
- Commitment to get the job done in the face of challenging and evolving deadlines and priorities.
Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA).
5+ years post qualified experience.
Good Excel skills.