The purpose of the Head of Change role, which reports to the Group COO, is to develop and embed a customised framework for change management incorporating proactive and innovative solutions to address business challenges and achieve organisational goals and objectives, establish a programme management office and reporting protocols and in addition direct and manage identified high importance major change programmes .
The Head of Change will communicate how the strategic vision for the initiatives come together from definition through implementation and the inherent implications across the business.
- Develop and embed change management ways of working across the business
- Build a programme management office using existing, new and contract resources to manage change programmes
- Manage the translation of strategic concepts and business drivers into structured and managed strategic programmes with blueprint, target operating model and operating plans
- Manage the execution of the plans across all aspects of people, process and technology change
- Personally manage identified high impact programmes from time to time
- Create and embed an effective governance structure and process to ensure projects and programmes are supported by a clear case for change, desired outcomes, accurate scope, and clear roles and decision-making mandated
- Review and authorise business cases
- Establish and maintain effective budgeting and financial management and control.
- Management of outsourced suppliers and relationships including those off-shore.
Skills and Experience
- Outstanding leadership and influencing skills.
- Must have relevant experience in a similar role within Financial services
- Credible at board level.
- Outstanding people management skills.
- Considerable experience of delivering transformational change projects and programmes across business and IT.
- Experienced in the planning, management and control of complex and varied requirements/programmes.
- Evidence of delivery of large scale and complex solutions.
- Demonstration of high level of commercial acumen.
- Management of virtual teams via matrix management.
- Ability to translate big pictures into understandable and tangible plans.
- Drive and resilience.
- Coaching and mentoring.