Head of BI & Data - Manchester
Joining a fast paced growing business of just under a 1000 employees, as the new Head of Data & BI reporting directly to the COO, you will have the remit to establish, develop and lead a Data and Business Intelligence function for the business, and build a function spanning 4 key areas including Data Governance, Data Quality, BI Delivery and BI Architecture & Design.
This is a brand new function for the business, and one they will look to grow to approx 10 people next year. The business has been through a modernisation and transformation journey, where they want to develop a data enabled business for the future. You would be responsible for establishing best practice suitable with the scale and maturity of the organisation and developing a culture of continuous improvement to transform the Group's production, use and management of Data & BI. You will have the ability to recruit, develop and lead a team of Data & BI experts from your previous experience in similar roles.
- Experience of developing and implementing a Data & BI centre of excellence/business service spanning People, Process, Technology & Data;
- Significant Data & BI experience spanning technical delivery and leadership roles;
- Significant knowledge of the Data Management Association (DAMA) framework and how this relates to best practice Data and BI service provision, in-particular, the development and application of Data Quality and Data Governance frameworks;
- Understanding of Data Modelling and the key differences between recognised industry techniques/models (e.g. Kimball, 3NF, Data Vault);
- Relevant technical knowledge spanning ETL, Data Warehouse, BI and Data Governance/Management technologies; the Microsoft BI stack (inc. Power BI) being of particular relevance;
- SQL & Data literate, with the ability to work with less data literate customers to achieve required outcomes;
- Change Leadership skills, with the ability to set an agenda and convince others to follow; a proven ability to influence people and challenge the status-quo;
The business is based off the M60 on a business park which offers parking and a number of shops, restaurants and a gym. The business offers excellent benefits and flexibility around working hours.
For further information please apply.