Our global and industry leading, international, innovative (there aren't enough adjectives to adequately describe their success) e-business giant of a client are growing their established technology team in South Dublin.
Here is a role where the technology is cutting edge, potential for growth and learning is met and in a world that is becoming increasingly busy and chaotic, work life balance is a priority. Benefits plans, including health, pension, gym, wellness days, fresh fruit and Dog Days are all part of their philosophy - there's even a Kindle e-reader for 'everyone in the audience' (audience being the successful candidate of course).
Enough of the small talk, what does the role entail?
Developing the site, as well as back-end support for our cutting edge devices, playing a vital role in delivering software to the millions of international users. The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring continuity of services and functionality as well as implementing new features to the highest standard, verifying team release packages and maintaining tests.
- Assist in review of the business requirements and identify gaps/conflicts with the existing system
- Ensuring our product meets/exceeds our customers' expectations with respect to product quality
- Document problems and software defects and work with developers to troubleshoot and verify fixes
- Triage and prioritize issues as well as ensure requirements are complete and testable in co-ordination with the team and stakeholders
- Provide testing effort estimates at sprint planning
- Continuously improve test methods, procedures, processes, and tools
What skills do I need?
Cat* like curiosity and reflexes to change and keep updated with emerging technologies (*this does not mean cats are allowed in the offices, only dogs)
At least 5 years experience in development
Strong skills in C#, .Net (.Net core being advantageous)
Proficient in Microsoft SQL
Working knowledge of performance/non-functional testing
Experience using RabbitMQ, NSerivceBus, SQS or similar
Basic understanding of CI/CD (Jenkins, etc)
DevOps experience would also be advantageous (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) but not a requirement
If this all sounds like you, send your application - and photos of your dog* - through the link or email - firstname.lastname@example.org / 014854496.
*Dog photos not required, however eligibility to legally work in Ireland is (EU passport or Stamp 4).