The role will require you to plan, delegate, review and complete audit and accountancy work for Manager review and supervise junior members of the team.
Please see below for the job responsibilities:
- Provide liaison between client and Manager during the audit.
- Supervise the audit team, providing leadership, control and guidance as required.
- Ensure that high standards of quality, reporting and advice are maintained throughout the audit.
- Plan the assignment and supervise the team in order to complete work on time and within budget and identify alternative or innovative methods of completing the assignment.
- Review the work of allocated staff, answering all but the most difficult fieldwork queries and ensure that files are prepared in accordance with the audit manual for managerial review.
- Co-ordinate the documentation and file work, including the management letter and other reports, to complete an assignment for review by the Manager.
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of current technical matters.
- Become and remain familiar with the market in which the client operates.
- Prepare and discuss assignment appraisal reports.
- Assist in the development of other, more junior, professional staff.
- Participate in discussions at clients or other meetings.
- Perform detailed technical work as required; contribute to technical or other discussions with the client showing commercial awareness, skill and initiative in handling complex technical matters.
- Carry out duties in accordance with office procedures manual.
- To provide ad-hoc support to other members of the audit department as required.
A professional qualification (ACA, ACCA) is preferred.