Oliver James Associates are currently supporting a leading Insurance organisation in Scotland who are seeking to recruit a Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary to work within their Financial Reporting Team. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to utilise their technical skill set within a Commercial role. You will act as a Finance Business Partner to key decision makers and shape the financial strategy of this dynamic business.
The role will include the opportunity to:
- Develop an understanding of the management of the policyholder balance sheet.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the business through the financial reporting and ongoing solvency monitoring.
- Develop an understanding of how the commercial and regulatory environment impacts the company's solvency position
- Work with colleagues across with other areas within Finance and Risk to support delivery of financial reporting in line with regulatory deadlines.
- Deliver and develop the analysis and reporting of valuation results; working closely with the Shareholder valuation team to ensure results are well-explained and accurately communicated to senior stakeholders
You will have:
- Excellent technical actuarial knowledge, with attention to detail
- Motivated and willing to take responsibility and ownership of the work assigned
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving and providing practical solutions to complex problems
- Commercial aptitude and the ability to consider the impact of decisions
- Strong commercial and collaboration skills
- Ability to express own viewpoint and to communicate clearly on complex actuarial issues