This position is within the Group Financial Reporting team; whose main responsibilities are the Group's external reporting to markets and regulators. This is a varied role that encompasses all aspects of external reporting for the Group and includes IFRS, EEV (embedded value) and other regulatory reporting, together with some involvement in other finance projects.
- Ownership of the end-to-end consolidation of the Group's financial results, including liaison with business units and/or third parties, co-ordination of consolidation system data (via Hyperion Financial Management) and review and challenge of submissions;
- Preparation of external reporting disclosures, including quantitative data and narrative explanations;
- Develop a solid understanding of varied reporting metrics covering IFRS and EEV;
- Preparation and development of analytics to provide insight for senior management and support internal and external reporting products, liaising with other head office teams especially Financial Performance, Investor Relations and Group Risk as necessary;
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders within the business units and across Group Finance to deliver the consolidation and related products and drive the resolution of accounting and system related matters;
- Ongoing process improvement and development of results analysis and changes to HFM system to accommodate business and reporting changes.
Liaising with the Group's internal and external auditors and ensuring on-going compliance with relevant Group financial controls
Core Competences Required:
- Organised self-starter able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Able to think flexibly and open to new ideas, with strong problem-solving skills and enthusiasm to improve processes;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to liaise with stakeholders from different specialisms in different locations and at different levels of seniority;
- Ability to communicate succinctly and explain complex issues to others;
- Comfortable with using complex IT systems and large data volumes;
- Familiarity with the preparation and consolidation of financial accounts is essential; experience of using complex finance systems such as Hyperion Financial Management is an advantage;
- A good knowledge of IFRS;
- Experience of EEV and Capital metrics reporting or other financial services regulatory work is an advantage;
- Life insurance experience or a knowledge of investment products and markets is an advantage;
Close attention to detail and accuracy.