Senior Financial Accountant
- Assisting with the preparation of Solvency II & Statutory reports in conjunction with the Head of Finance Statutory & Regulatory reporting and the dedicated insurance company Financial Controllers.
- Coordinate the preparation of Quarterly Solo QRTs for submission to the CBI and provide relevant commentary for Board/Audit Committee.
- Support line management in ensuring compliance with international regulatory requirements such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the Solvency II Directive.
- Work with the Finance and Actuarial teams in providing technical guidance to the business for any SII, Regulatory or Statutory changes.
- Maintain the regulatory reporting timetables, ensuring local operations requirements are integrated with the Group reporting processes.
- Review of audit files and supportive workings for interim and full year regulatory audit reviews provided to the External and Internal Auditors. Manage queries from both internal and external stakeholders
- Monitoring of developments in accounting standards and implementation of changes to policies, processes, and controls to ensure continued compliance with accounting standards and other relevant reporting guidelines
- Plan, prepare, and deliver the Regulatory/Statutory timetable in conjunction with the Head of Finance Statutory & Regulatory Reporting, and Group CFO.
- Build and maintain internal and external business relationships to ensure the effective and successful delivery of the annual external audit process for both Statutory & Regulatory Reporting.
- Undertakes project work in addition to operational responsibilities as the business need arises
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong working relationships with all key stakeholders across Finance, the Business, support functions, Internal and external audit, key suppliers such as Invoke and Solvency II Data providers, and all other parties involved in the production of all QRT's and Statutory reporting as well as modified filings for Bermuda.
- Support the various insurance entities with the implementation of any IFRS, Statutory or regulatory changes.
- Monitoring of developments in accounting standards and implementation of changes to policies, processes, and controls to ensure continued compliance with accounting standards and other relevant reporting guidelines.
- Monitoring of core controls such as balance sheet reconciliations across the Insurance entities to ensure the integrity and accuracy of financial information.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified accountant with relevant reporting experience.
- Solvency II experience will be an advantage but is not critical for the role. Instead, there must be a willingness to build knowledge of this regulatory requirement.
- Proven report writing skills, with attention to detail and an ability to keep focused on core objectives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written. Must possess an ability to understand and concisely document financial processes, ensuring quality in every aspect of reporting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Must be highly motivated, with an ability to identify and adapt to changing stakeholder needs in a dynamic business environment.
- An awareness of the need for effective financial controls throughout all stages of a business process.
- Ability to meet individual targets and goals as well as supporting and delivering on Departmental goals.
- Passion for Excellence
- Drive for Success
- Shape the Industry
- Value the Customer
- Nurture our People