Finance Project Accountant - City of London
Salary £50,000 - £60,000
Oliver James Associates are proudly supporting one of the biggest Insurance companies in the UK for a Finance Project Accountant on a permanent basis. The role includes supporting the finance team with any project work, at first the focus is going to be around implementing the Accounts Receivable Target Operational model (TOM).
- Working with UCO and IT project teams to complete the implementation of phase 1 of the Accounts Receivable TOM.
- Scope and lead delivery of phase 2 of the AR TOM relating to Open Market Credit Control.
- Implement an enhanced/expedited service company to syndicate cash movement process.
- Working within the GFP Project team to enhance efficiency and control across Global finance processes. Initial focus is on the YE/HY financial close process for premium, claims, expenses and investments. Further strategic improvements will be defined.
- Support credit control team to produce KPIs and targets to enhance visibility of unallocated cash and aged debt and to implement actions to reduce both.
- Develop KPIs and KCIs and embed reporting thereon in BAU for all relevant service company financial processes and syndicate cash to signings reconciliations.
- Prepare quarterly reporting to the Underwriting Committee and the service company operations group to provide insight on aged debt and unallocated cash.
- Work with outsourced open market credit controllers JMD on enhancing the Lloyd's market shared service provision through attendance at the monthly Oversight Committee.
- Professional accountancy qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Must hold a University degree
- Experience in working within a similar role preferably within the insurance industry
- General commercial and financial knowledge
- Experience of process mapping and improvement and setting performance measures
- Good financial system experience