I am currently working with a Financial Services company, based in Helsinki who are looking to source a Financial Controller. As a senior finance role reporting to the local Board and Deputy Group CFO, the Financial Controller is responsible for the accurate preparation of local company accounts in accordance with local GAAP and the provision of accurate information to the Group.
- Day to day responsibilities of planning, implementing, managing, controlling, and reviewing all financial related activities of the companies.
- Support the on-boarding, integration and ongoing management of new acquisitions and determination of correct accounting treatment under both local GAAP and IFRS.
- Prepare accurate financial statements in line with local regulatory requirements for the Board of Directors and for the Finnish regulatory authorities.
- Liaise and provide information to key function holders including the actuarial, risk management, internal auditors and external auditors.
- Participate in Board and Committee meetings when required.
- A qualified accountant (e.g Finish Association of Auditors, MSc in Accounting or equivalent) with at least five years post-qualification experience.
- Financial services knowledge and experience in Finland.
- A good knowledge of Finnish GAAP, as well as IFRS and Solvency II, particularly as they relate to insurance and reinsurance.
- Work well under pressure and able to multi-task.
- Group management reporting and / or statutory and regulatory reporting working across multi-currencies.
- Familiarity with SUN general ledger systems would be an advantage.
*Please note that some travel will be required to the UK and across Europe*
If this role is of interest, please apply online with a copy of your updated CV.