Oliver James are representing an exciting, well-renowned Retail organisation who are looking to appoint a talented and technically astute Financial Accountant. Working alongside the Deputy Financial Controller, you will be a key contact for all financial reporting queries and responsible for driving continuous improvement in accounting and financial control across the Group.
- Key contact for financial accounting support for the Financial Control team.
- Supporting consistent accounting practices and high standards across the Group.
- Producing timely and accurate information and proactively supporting the business.
- Production of statutory accounts for various Group subsidiaries and coordinating tax pack information.
- Leading, delivering and continually improving the fixed asset impairment models for various areas of the Group.
- Production of a variety of high quality balance sheet control account reconciliations.
- Ensuring the accuracy of VAT payments and quarterly VAT returns.
- A fully qualified accountant i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong excel skills with the ability to manage large quantities of data.
- Experience of producing statutory accounts.
- A confident communicator with experience in presenting complex information in a clear simplified way to both finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Experience working in a large complex business, with large quantities of data would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of VAT returns would also be advantageous.