The role of Finance business partner is a role of significant importance in the business. The role faces off against all of the senior stakeholders in the firm, supporting the Managing Director on a day to day basis whilst providing financial accounting and support for a division with profits expected to triple in 4 years.
The ability to deliver accurate and reliable management accounts, and detailed modelling when providing decision support to the Managing Director is essential
Planning and Forecasting
- Managing the production of plans/forecasts (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow,OpEx,CapEx) for the business:
- Income £18m growing to £30m+ in next 4 years
- Profits growing from £9m to £18m in next 4 years
- Maintaining and improving the planning and forecasting models, ensuring assumptions are clearly documented;
- Working closely with the Central Finance function to ensure plans and forecasts are understood and justified;
- Formalising sign-off of plans/forecasts ensuring assumptions are documented and business leaders are fully informed (i.e. no "surprises").
Reporting and Analysis
- Producing and presenting the finance result to the Directors and senior managers;
- Leading on the development of performance MI to ensure we have optimal efficiently in reporting;
- Key role in preparing reporting packs and financial presentations for board at month end as well as forecasting and budgeting process.
- Modelling the impact of new investment decisions
- Lead the Business Partnering for, effectively facing off against Managing Director and claims Managing Director;
- Appraising new strategic initiatives in terms of product development and investment opportunities;
- Supporting the business directors in managing the internal communication and presentation of the business results;
- Providing commercial analysis and insight to non-insurance colleagues in a clear and understandable manner;
- Working closely with centralised IT team to streamline, standardise and automate processes;
- Developing (and enhancing) the communication and understanding of Insurance metrics within the wider group (including Underwriter)