Oliver James Associates have been mandated by a leading UK investment management firm based in London to search for an experienced Engineering Lead on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for an IT & project professional to oversee the IT functions and to ensure successful delivery of multiple programmes. The client offers a very desirable working culture and the chance to join a market-leading investment manager.
To apply for this position, you must have experience of the following:
- Experience in Agile and Lean based process improvements in a large organisation.
- Experience in managing, leading and delivering Agile projects in a distributed agile environment preferably within financial services.
- Experience in enterprise Agile frameworks such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) with the ability to guide business partners through the right path for Agile adoption and maturity.
- Experience in consulting or implementing Agile processes in Legacy application environment.
- Project management and planning.
- Project analysis and reporting through product and iteration burn-up charts, velocity and quality monitoring, and product release roadmap.
- User-centred requirements engineering, acceptance criteria and testing charters.
- Management of stakeholder expectations.
Typical day to day responsibilities will include:
- Delivery - Collaborate with business partners to manage and deliver value add technology services to the business.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and thought leadership to delivery teams on Agile and related methodologies.
- Contribute to improving delivery efficiency through strategic thinking, innovation and methodology improvement.
- Work closely with stakeholders from Risk, Operations and Distribution to influence and deliver change to the benefit of the company.
- Work closely and oversee Development & QA, ensuring disciplines & standards are met in order to deliver change effectively.
- Manage requirements for software systems and the processes they support.
- Communicate risks and issues pertaining to the project to all internal stakeholders.
- Act as Scrum Master for one or more Scrums and manage day to day interactions with the project team ensuring Time, Cost and Quality criteria are met.
- Act as a communications lead between different stakeholder groups.
- Elicit, understand and analyse requirements for software systems.
- Liaising with Enterprise Architecture team to verify technology solutions.
- Ensure that software changes are suitably tested and handed over to IT & non-IT Operations in a timely/controlled manner.
This is a permanent opportunity based in London paying up to £70000 (plus benefits) dependant on experience.