Director of Data Management
The remit of this role is to drive vision, strategy, delivery, business support and governance for global operations technical platforms, operational processes, training and underlying data.
Providing smarter operations delivering swifter processing with greater quality and company wide insight.
It will be necessary to work in partnership with business unit Operation teams and Division Centre Business Architecture & Change, IT, Operations, Actuarial, Finance and Legal/Compliance teams to develop, implement and execute upon the responsibilities within this role. The role will require self-starter with a good eye for detail, and a practical and collaborative mind-set.
- Support the Head of Data Management and Operations in establishing and leading a global virtual team responsible for data management and operational quality standards. This will involve driving common understanding and best practice across the division for example establishing and leading PL Re data management forum(s).
- Organisation-wide Data Management ownership including all data management disciplines with a focus on:
- Data governance
- Data architecture
- Data development
- Data quality management
- Reference and master data management
- Data asset and meta data management
These responsibilities will principally focus on the operational functions initially. The role will ensure global standardisation is achieved and maintained and by exception allow for regional variances.
- Experience in a data management role with significant emphasis on standardisation and improvement
- Detailed understanding of data management best practices, standards and tools
- Experience in designing and implementing a data management framework within a global organisation
- Experience in the re-insurance, or insurance industry beneficial
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify, assimilate, analyse and draw meaningful conclusions from disparate data
- Outward looking self-starter, with strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to maintain focus on group/division picture, whilst not sacrificing attention to detail
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive capabilities and activities to achieve continuous improvement
- Ability to instil confidence to build relationships at all levels across the division. Exercising influence across matrix environments and geographies.