My clients FS Advisory division is primarily based out of London but has a satellite base in Leeds to provide services around the Leeds/Manchester area. As part of their strategy, this Northern work base is to be expanded to service the significant FS opportunities in this area.
Oliver James are recruiting an experienced Director to head up the development of the regional offering.
This is an opportunity for an experienced FS Advisory candidate with past consulting experience to join a Top 10 firm, and help build their offering in the regions.
The current mix of work is primarily internal audit with some ad hoc regulatory reviews and occasional S166 reviews. The primary market sectors are banks, brokers, consumer credit, debt and payment firms but there may also be opportunities in asset management, insurance and pensions.
The Key Responsibilities include the following:
- The management of FS outsourced, co-sourced and ad hoc internal audit assignments
- The management and/or being part of the delivery team for a range of FS Advisory projects, delivering a high quality advisory service
- Taking a leading role in business development both for local and national clients
- Leadership of the local FS Advisory team
- Analysis of new regulation and legislation, identifying impact on target market and potential client offerings
- Ensuring timely project completion across a client portfolio by adherence to predetermined timeframes and effectively prioritising tasks
- Taking accountability for recording all working time and recovery of client chargeable time
Most importantly the successful candidate will be a self-starter, and be prepared to work independently or with a small team of auditors (some without FS experience) to deliver projects and grow the practice.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious FS professional with a track record of building business from the ground up. The successful candidate is likely to make Partner within the first 2-3 years depending on the successful growth of the FS Reg offering in the regions.