DevOps Team Leader
I'm currently working with an Insurance company who is looking to hire a DevOps Team Leader. The client is currently undergoing a major programme of infrastructure investment, modernising its entire IT estate and migrating services to Azure.
This role is responsible for leading the DevOps engineers and is the point of contact for queries and incident management, liaising with business stakeholders across multiple teams and Vendors.
- Ownership of Cloud delivery and support processes.
- Act as first point of contact for the cloud estate.
- Ownership of support processes covering Incident Management, resolution and reporting on KPI's.
- Working with the Cloud Architect to lead the implementation of the Cloud strategy.
- Employing best practices to ensure high availability of the systems and services.
- Planning for Services end of life, upgrades and planned downtimes.
- Ensuring teams follow best practices and driving continuous improvements.
- Working alongside team members, groups and external collaborators to ensure that the services can meet customer requirements.
- Investigating and recommending new technologies, services and management tools. * Line management of both permanent, contract resources and demand management.
- Organising, training and supervising engineering team members.
- Implementation of the strategic direction for service operations and continual improvement of services.
- Service Management including financial forecasting, budgeting, growth and innovation.
- Where appropriate Translate business requirements into Cloud solutions that are supportable and run in line with budgets.
- Experience of managing a DevOps Team in a Cloud Managed Service Environment - Must be Azure.
- Creating and managed KPI's and SLA's with Microsoft.
- Client service orientation background with a strong record in dealing with external vendors.
- Experience working within a regulated environment.
- Strong expertise interest in learning new and emerging technologies.
- Innovative, flexible and willing to adapt.
- Ability to influence and persuade.
- Experience of service operations in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience of working in a software environment.
- An understanding of network engineering and security principles e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.
- Good understanding of Security and systems best practices, with an understanding of static and dynamic security testing tools.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction to the DevOps team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communication with associate and executive staff.
Please apply now if you are interested in being considered for this position. All successful applicants will be contacted within 48 hours.